Finding an Agent – It is important that you find a Fazendin agent with whom you can work well. You are invited and encouraged to interview more than one agent to be sure there is a good fit. We invite you to read bios of our agents and to contact one of them.
Finding a Lender – Before you can go home shopping, you have to be qualified. Your agent can give you recommendations of reputable, easy to work with lenders or you can interview and find the lender of your choice. In order to set realistic expectations, it is important for you to know how much house you can afford.
Home Previewing – Your agent will ask questions to help identify the geographical area in which you would like to live. Other questions may include the number of bedrooms, bathrooms, garage options or a preferable school district. They will create a profile of your preferences in order to identify the best homes for you to tour.
Home Tour – Your agent will arrange for a tour of all the homes on your “want to see” list. Together you will go and tour the homes, taking notes and discussing options to see how it fits you and your needs.
Making An Offer – Once you have identified a home that you would like to purchase. You and your agent will write a purchase agreement. Your agent will present the purchase agreement to the listing agent and help with negotiations.
Offer is Accepted – Once an offer is accepted, your agent can recommend a home inspector. You should plan to be at the home inspection as you will learn a great deal about your potential new home during this process. Your agent can also recommend a Title Company. You will need their services in order to accomplish a closing. The agent will continue to monitor the process as it progresses to a closing.
Successful Closing – The agent will accompany you to the closing table to be sure that all the pieces come together smoothly.
Tips for Buying a Home:
- Have fun! You don’t buy a house everyday – enjoy the process!
- Research your neighborhood – REALTORS can offer resources on details about schools, crime, etc.
- The first house you tour becomes your favorite – keep looking a little more, to be sure and to be confident of the pricing. Your agent will guide you.
- Sometimes it’s hard to remember all the homes after you look at several – name each home by a memorable feature – so it’s easier to remember each one when reviewing your notes.
- You’ve probably heard this, but don’t buy the most expensive house on the block. Ask your agent for clarification on this.
When you work with a Fazendin agent, you are getting a partner throughout every step of the buying process. Our motto is Knowledge, Service and Results. We try to ensure that every transaction is the beneficiary of this standard! There are so many facets to purchasing a home – lean on and trust an experienced Fazendin agent.