So, what’s the deal with people burying a saint statue in the yard to help sell their home? We wondered the same thing and thought we would do a little blogging about it.
The belief is that Joseph, earth Father of Jesus, is supposed to be a good luck symbol for selling your home. Saint Joseph was a carpenter by trade and is known as the saint of handcraft and home protection, or the “Home Selling Saint” in ancient folklore. The tradition started by burying a medal representation and then later switched to a statue.
Saint Joseph statue for selling your home – Burial instructions
- Bury the statue in the yard in the front of the house. Favorable spots are either close to the “For Sale” sign or close to the road.
- Bury the statue upside-down, facing the house.
- Pray to Saint Joseph when you are burying him and keep praying until the house is sold.
- But the most important part is to have faith all the time, in yourself, in your Sale and in Saint Joseph.
- After your house is sold take him with you to your new home and put him in a place of honor.
- If you live in a condo, bury the statue of St Joseph in a pot.
This article isn’t intended to push any religious beliefs, just an interesting blog on what some people do to help sell their home. I also don’t think you need to be of any certain spiritual or religious background to partake in this long-standing tradition. Sometimes you just need a little extra something to help get your home sold, or at least get you through selling your home!
If you need more assistance than burying a statue to help sell your home, we are always just a call or click away!