Every week in the newspaper there is an article about 10 Things. Recently they featured 10 things agents won’t tell you. I read it and thought – we tell clients that, we share this detail, we give this information and so it seemed appropriate to counter that information with an article called 10 Things Our Agents Will Tell You!
1. I am trying to sell your house, not myself. When we partner with a client, we use every resource available to gain the most exposure and get you the best price in the shortest amount of time for your listing. While we use traditional marketing methods like a sign in the yard, advertising on-line and in print and mailings to the area, it is to expose your listed home, not ourselves. The goal is a home sold.
2. We are creative to find you the perfect home. Besides agents having access to the MLS and able to see first any new inventory, agents are also good networkers. We may withhold a listing from MLS while final preparations are taking place, but we are not holding listings so we can sell them internally. Listings need the exposure they receive on MLS. We have also sent many inquiry letters to neighborhoods searching out people that may be considering or would consider a one-time showing. We want you to find your dream home and will use all resources available to help find it.
3. We charge the standard commission rate. That rate is 6% and is typically the norm in the Twin Cities area unless you are going to go with one of those companies where you do the majority of the work to sell your home and pay a lesser commission amount.
4. We share honestly what your home is worth. This can be difficult to assess sometimes, especially if there are not a lot of comparables. We offer options like a pre-listing appraisal, if needed, to help all parties work together to determine the best selling price for your listed home.
5. Many buyers want things move-in ready. While a few buyers may like a fixer upper or the opportunity of redoing copious amounts of remodeling, most buyers are not in that category. So if simple recommendations are suggested in order to update your home and make it more sellable, it would be in your best interest to do the updates. Sometimes we call on the services of a professional stager to help make your home look the most presentable.
6. We won’t overprice your home, just to make you happy and get the listing. When we share the comps for your home and area, we are sharing facts. We don’t encourage “buying” listings, we want to price it fairly, so it will sell. Some may suggest a higher listing price, but then come to you week after week to reduce the price. This is a not a game we like to play.
7. Real Estate is local. Roger Fazendin is local. We have our own relocation division, so we try to be educated about a variety of neighborhoods in the Twin Cities area. If we are not aware, someone in our office usually has had experience with that area, and we can network and resource to get more up to speed on a particular neighborhood. We have sold in over 120 communities, together we can be knowledgeable about all of these areas.
8. We are skilled negotiators. An important aspect of our training is negotiating. We know in a variety of markets, it is important to not be afraid to ask. If there is something else that you are thinking or wondering if the sellers would do – tell us. We are partnering to make this transaction the best for you. If you are a buyer and find yourself in multiple offer situations, we will talk so your highest bid is known. We want to represent you in the best possible way. Good communication between buyer or seller and agent is key!
9. We will work hard for you from beginning to end. There are many steps to the home selling and buying process and you can be assured that Roger Fazendin REALTORS® agents will work the same for you on day one as they do on the last day. We want to be sure that every step of the process goes smoothly, whether it’s an offer, an inspection issue, a closing or anything in between – we are here to make sure all goes seamlessly!
10. We don’t get paid until you find the perfect house and close on it. We are happy to partner with you through every step of the process, but we do hope that the process will reach an end. If we are not making progress after looking, or if showings are not coming in on your listing, we are going to openly and honestly discuss the situation and together make a plan. We are patient people and want to see it work out the best for everyone.
If you would like to work with a Roger Fazendin REALTORS® agent, call our office at 952-473-7000.