Mother Nature has made it official this week – spring is here! After a bitter cold winter, all of this nice weather has everyone excited; the walking paths are packed, restaurant patios are being reassembled and, most importantly, potential buyers are out house hunting.
If you are looking to sell, now is the time to do it. Like, right now! Buyers have been waiting all winter for warm, house hunting weather and now that it is here, there is an abundance of buyers.
Tips for getting your home ready to sell fast
Spring market is huge for buyers. People want to move their stuff in nice weather, be in their new homes to celebrate summer and have time to register their children in the local school district. The window of opportunity to be one of the few sellers on the market is small; soon, sellers will recognize the power of the spring market and there will be plenty homes on the market. Here are some tips to beat the crowds and get your home ready to sell fast:
- Survey your home for minor repairs – What minor repairs need to be made? Is there a towel bar falling off the wall or holes that need patching?
- Call a handyman – Are there some major repairs your have been putting off because you didn’t want to call a professional? Today is the day to call a professional.
- Call a stager – Stagers make homes sell faster; they are also very busy, so get on a stager’s schedule today. (Tip: We offer free home staging for clients!)
- Rent a storage unit – Get the clutter out of your house. Throw away or donate what you don’t want and store the rest in a storage unit. You also need to store the items that personalize your house – photographs and heirlooms. Buyers want to be able to picture themselves in your home and their pictures hanging on the wall.
- Make repairs – Fix all those repairs your found earlier in the week.
- Deep clean inside and out – Before pictures and showings, your house needs to be beyond spotless. You can’t hide messes. Buyers are going to open up every door and cupboard.
- Appointment follow-ups – Follow up with the home improvements and your home stager, follow their professional suggestions as quickly as possible.
- Call a real estate agent – We are a little biased, but our agents are amazing!
By listing your home ASAP, you will stay ahead of the crowd and your home will stand out. If you wait, your home will just be one of the many. Use the tips above to get your house ready to sell and give us a call; we want to help you make selling as easy as possible.